Vision & Mission
Cultural preservation sustained through Indigenous arts and community.
To create an inclusive support network for imaginative Indigenous endeavors.
- To mobilize indigenous creatives to return the gift they have been given through advocacy, mentoring, and peer recognition
- To create opportunities to create, appreciation, and study creative arts, the humanities, interdisciplinary fields, and tribal languages
- To create opportunities to understand and follow indigenous pedagogy classroom practices and increase literacy
- To develop and support youth leadership opportunities
- To foster interest and training in traditional art forms
- To advocate for indigenous students, educators, and professional artists
- Honor & learn from the cultures and traditions of the communities we serve & belong
Code of Conduct
- Innovation & a sense of hope We believe that we can create a better future through indigenous innovation, mentoring, artistic practices, and societal change. This sense of hope leads to creative approaches and new models that work.
- Integrity & accountability We believe in modeling trustworthiness and integrity that earns the public’s high regard for the indigenous literary, arts, academic, and nonprofit sector. This reflects an alignment between what we say, what we do, and how we do it.
- The rich diversity of the indigenous community We celebrate, respect, and include all people, cultures, regions, religions, and political views.
- Outstanding service We are committed to a strong ethic of timely, reliable advocacy work for indigenous creatives, nonprofit practitioners, and academics.
- Responsible stewardship We are committed to careful stewardship of all human, natural, and financial resources. This means we use the time and talents of those working with RTG carefully, we are environmentally responsible, and we wisely spend funds invested in us.
- Sustainability We believe it is important to recognize the value of indigenous academic, literary, and artistic work by investing in their organizations and their people.